LimerickNews“Urgent action” needed to tackle youths gathering and flouting public health guidelines at scenic Limerick walkwayBy David Raleigh – February 25, 2021 1197 Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Previous articleMunster defence “coming together nicely” ahead of Cardiff clashNext articleLISTEN: Cian Lynch speaks about maintaining skill level during the lockdown David Raleigh WhatsApp Facebook A Limerick politician has called for “urgent action” to address groups of youths gathering at a scenic Limerick walkway and flouting public health guidelines and intimidating members of the public.Independent Councillor Frankie Daly said groups of youths have been converging at Canal Bank, Limerick, without wearing face masks and causing a disturbance.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “People do not feel safe on the Canal Bank, they feel uneasy even just going for a walk, it’s sad to say, but that’s the truth of it,” said Cllr Daly.He has been contacted by local residents complaining after youths have been gathering for the past number of weeks beneath a flyover bridge on the bank, intimidating people.Cllr Daly said a glass bottle was thrown at a female as she cycled along the bank last week and that two females, who were walking along the bank were assaulted and robbed.“It’s not the gardai’s fault, it’s a resources issue, I know a lot of gardai are out doing Covid-19 checkpoints, but urgent action is needed,” Cllr Daly said.A video recorded two weeks ago shows a large group of youths at Canal Bank gathered together not wearing masks and generally causing a disturbance to local residents.“This is causing fear for walkers and joggers an cyclists. There were two young females attacked the other night, it reminds me of the movie Fallen Down when Michael Douglas’ character is sitting by a rock and he’s ordered to pay a toll by two other men who approach him,” Cllr Daly said.“People are afraid to walk freely, there needs to be more garda visibility on the canal bank.”“These are large groups of young teenagers aged from around 14 years upwards, and they are breaking every public health rule under the sun.““It’s a huge problem when the message isn’t getting through, and we could be under lockdown for longer.”Gardai said they are to increase patrols along the walkway in response to the concerns.“Community Policing Units in Henry Street Garda Station and Mayorstone Garda Station will be increasing the number of patrols of the Canal Bank in Limerick City to prevent and detect incidents of anti-social behaviour, ensure compliance to Covid-19 Regulations and to keep the community safe,” a Garda spokesman said. Email Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Print Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Twitter Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash TAGScovid19Keeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick Post Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limerick
News LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Minister believes Ireland’s archeological heritage is “unparalleled” Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter WhatsApp Junior Arts and Heritage Minister, Dinny McGinley, today said he believed Ireland’s legacy of surviving archaeological monuments is unparalleled in Europe.Speaking at the opening of an archeological heritage seminar entitled “Lost and Found” Minister McGinley paid tribute to the crucial role played by farmers and landowners, saying those in the rural communities should be proud of the large number and variety of breathtaking remains which grace the Irish countryside.Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dinnyrural.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Pinterest Google+ By News Highland – June 14, 2014 Facebook Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Previous articleHarps sunk by late Longford goal – Horgan’s reactionNext articleMartin McGuinness’s ministerial car vandalised News Highland NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Twitter Facebook Google+ Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week
Espinosa and Orozco, who was making her Olympic debut, vaulted from seventh to second with a precision inward 3.5 somersault dive in the third round that netted them 84.48 points and closed out with a 75.24 for a back 3.5 somersault and 81.60 for a back 2.5 somersault with 1.5 twists. “This was a great competition for us,” Espinosa told reporters. “We’re very happy with the results. Our expectation for the day was to be among the medalists, and we made it.” The duo’s silver medal marked the 12th Olympic diving medal won by Mexico, which has won 57 medals – 12 gold, 20 silver and 25 bronze all-time – across all Olympic competitions. Espinosa and Orozco’s victory came a day after countrymen Germán Sánchez and Iván García won their country’s first Olympic medal in men’s synchronized diving in the 10-meter competition, which also was Mexico’s first medal of the London Games. “Mexico is a country with a lot of diving talent and now the trainers are working together more to help that talent bear fruit,” Espinosa, who won the world championship on the 10-meter platform in 2009, told reporters. “This is the most complete team that Mexico has had for years in the Olympics and with a different mentality – that we want to win.” LONDON – Paola Espinosa will always remember her 26th birthday. The native of La Paz teamed with 15-year-old Alejandra Orozco to win the silver medal in the 10-meter synchronized diving event on July 31, making Espinosa the first Mexican woman to win two Olympic medals after earning bronze in the event in Beijing in 2008. “I really think that this was the best gift that Alejandra could have given me,” Espinosa said. “This was the best birthday present ever.” China’s Chen Ruolin and Wang Hao earned gold with 368.40 points, easily ahead of Espinosa’s and Orozco’s 343.32 and Canada’s Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion, took the bronze with 337.62 points. By Dialogo August 01, 2012
Statewide— Recently, the United States Department of Labor notified the Indiana Department of Workforce Development that Indiana has triggered “on” Extended Benefits. The EB program provides federal reimbursement to the state for up to an additional 13 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits. This started last week.EB is triggered during different periods of high unemployment. EB is available to workers who have exhausted regular unemployment insurance benefits during periods of high unemployment and are calculated per state. Indiana’s unemployment rate currently exceeds the five percent threshold to trigger the extension.Under traditional unemployment insurance, claimants can receive up to 26 weeks of benefits. The federal CARES Act provides Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits for up to 13 additional weeks starting March 29, 2020. EB is available after PEUC is exhausted.As a result, the first week Hoosiers may be eligible for the additional EB is the week ending July 4, 2020. Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation continues to provide an additional $600 per week to claimants until July 25, 2020.Claimants should simply continue filing their weekly voucher timely if they remain unemployed.Since the week ending on March 13, 2020, DWD has paid out $2.8 billion in unemployment insurance benefits. To apply for unemployment insurance benefits, review Frequently Asked Questions or learn more about unemployment insurance benefits, click here.