St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office asking for videos of July 4th incident

first_img Facebook Twitter By Brooklyne Beatty – July 9, 2020 1 487 Previous articleThree death row inmates set for execution in Terre Haute next weekNext articleGoshen Health releases new visitor restrictions Brooklyne Beatty Google+ Pinterest TAGSIndianaJuly 4thMishawakaMishawaka police departmentProsecutor’s OfficeprotestSt. Joseph Countyvideowitness Twitter (Photo supplied/ABC 57) The St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office is asking for any available videos related to an incident that happened during a July 4th protest in Mishawaka.The Mishawaka Police Department is investigating after a vehicle drove through a crowd of protesters on the Main Street Bridge, injuring a man who was then taken to the hospital.The investigation includes statements from a number of witnesses, physical evidence, reports and videos from the City of Mishawaka, including at least one video from a witness.Police report there may be more videos of just before the incident, the incident itself and the aftermath.The Prosecutor’s Office is now asking for the public’s assistance in the investigation. Anyone who has a video of the incident is being asked to email [email protected]center_img IndianaLocalNews Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Facebook WhatsApp St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office asking for videos of July 4th incidentlast_img read more

IATA urges Mideast to unify health steps to aid travel

first_imgGovernments in the Middle East should unify health measures, adopt free coronavirus testing and scrap quarantines to facilitate the recovery of travel, the International Air Transport Association urged on Wednesday.Inconsistent application of biosafety measures along with unnecessary border constraints are deterring passengers and suppressing the resumption of air travel in the Middle East, IATA said in a statement.Travellers “face an array of different types of biosafety measures and procedures, which is causing confusion among passengers and delaying the recovery”, said Muhammad Albakri, IATA’s Regional Vice President for Africa and the Middle East. The IATA also urged governments to avoid quarantine measures, implemented by many countries, saying that around 80 percent of passengers are unwilling to travel when quarantine is required.The IATA said in early July that the aviation sector in the Middle East has been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, and estimated that its revenues will drop by 56 percent this year compared to 2019.A majority of nations in the Middle East partially reopened their aviation sectors following total shutdowns, but many countries still require passengers to observe stringent health measures. IATA said coronavirus tests should be accurate and fast, adding there should be no charge for mandatory testing while voluntary ones should be cost-effective.A number of countries in the Middle East have implemented testing, but in many cases the tests do not meet the criteria set by IATA.In some cases, both departure and arrival tests are required, the statement said.Tests that are expensive and also do not meet the IATA criteria “will most likely limit the recovery in air travel demand”, Albakri said.center_img Topics :last_img read more

South Korean World Cup footballer banned over military service fakes

first_imgSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Jang won an exemption by winning gold with the Taeguk Warriors at the 2014 Asian Games and submitted a document that he had completed nearly 200 hours of community service in December last year.But it was later discovered that there was heavy snow on the day that Jang claimed to have held outdoor football lessons.Jang apologized for his misconduct at the weekend and said he would carry out his community service duties after the current season.South Korea has recently hinted at a possible reform of the military service exemption programme, which critics say unfairly rewards athletes and artists for one-time achievements.Tottenham Hotspur star footballer Son Heung-min was among dozens of South Koreans who avoided being called up for military service by bringing home gold at this year’s Asian Games in Indonesia.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? “This is to reinforce that anyone who stirs up controversy cannot join the national team,” the KFA said, adding that the tough penalty was aimed at “preventing similar cases in the future”.Jang will be permanently banned from playing for the country and fined 30 million won ($26,000) for “tarnishing the dignity” of the team, according to the association.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissNearly every able-bodied South Korean man aged 18 to 28 is required to complete 21 months of military service by law, but Olympic medal winners and Asian Games gold medallists are granted a special exemption.Instead, they are required to complete basic military training of up to 60 days, as well as 544 hours of sports-related community service. Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal LATEST STORIES MOST READ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew FILE – South Korea’s national football players, defender Kim Young-gwon (R) and defender Jang Hyun-soo (L) attend a press conference at the Spartak Stadium in Saint Petersburg on June 15, 2018, during the Russia 2018 World Cup football tournament. (Photo by OLGA MALTSEVA / AFP)A South Korean World Cup footballer was banned for life from the national team for submitting false documents for his military service exemption, the Korea Football Association said on Thursday.Defender Jang Hyun-soo plays for FC Tokyo and has 58 caps, including an appearance in the 2016 Olympics.ADVERTISEMENT Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college NCAA title could be cherry on top of Lyceum basketball program’s turnaround Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more