Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LeBron James blasts timing of Mavs’ Harrison Barnes trade Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history The center from Turkey was acquired from Oklahoma City in the Carmelo Anthony trade in September 2017 and averaged 14 points and 10.8 rebounds in 115 games over two seasons. He had become frustrated after first losing his starting spot and then any spot at all in recent weeks.General manager Scott Perry says Kanter “passionately embraced our franchise and our city,” adding that “he is a courageous individual and we thank him for his many contributions both on the court and in the community.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsMatthews was acquired last week from Dallas in the Kristaps Porzingis trade and played in two games. The veteran swingman is averaging 12.8 points this season.Players on an NBA roster have to be waived by March 1 in order to be eligible to sign with another team an appear in the postseason. LATEST STORIES Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ FILE – Enes Kanter #00 of the New York Knicks looks on in the third quarter against the Dallas Mavericks at Madison Square Garden on January 30, 2019 in New York City. Elsa/Getty Images/AFPNEW YORK — The New York Knicks have waived Enes Kanter and Wesley Matthews, allowing them to sign with other teams for a playoff run.The Knicks were unable to find a trade before Thursday’s deadline for Kanter, their former starting center who had fallen out of the rotation altogether with New York having the worst record in the league and focusing on its younger players.ADVERTISEMENT Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption MOST READ Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
A woman in her 20s, accused by Caldwell dwellers of having a poisonous substance, was detained by police on August 11.Meima Zack of the West Point Community was “rescued” by Zone 7 Base Police officers in the Caldwell community at about 3 p.m.According to officer Bitee N. Williams at the Zone 7 Base, she was picked up after officers received a call that Meima was being mobbed because of suspected “poisonous” snacks.”The suspect is not under arrest, and is just here until we can identify her family. We had to go and rescue her after residents saw her in their community with a black plastic bag.”The people thought that she looked suspicious after they opened the plastic and saw stick candy (lollipops) and cookies inside. After she refused to eat it, they jumped on her,” Officer Williams added.According to Pastor Maxwell, who first came in contact with Meima, she claimed to have been looking for a room to rent in Caldwell but was told by the pastor that he had no available rooms.”I told her that we weren’t renting any rooms while my wife gave her water to drink,” the pastor said. “We then showed her to the next yard that had an empty room. She only appeared confused when I last saw her.”Some have suggested that the woman has a mental disorder because of her inability to communicate and identify herself. She wore a white tank-top with a grey t-shirt which she converted to skirt. Her hair was short and uncombed.Also, the man who discovered Meima sitting on Maxwell’s neighbors’ porch noticed her strange appearance and asked for her identity and about the contents of the plastic. The man has requested to remain unnamed.”I started walking behind her after she acted like she wanted to go. She pointed to another house, suggesting that she had people there. But when the people of that house denied knowing her, that’s when other people came around and started investigating her and saw that she had candy and biscuits in her bag. We told her to eat the candy and biscuits and she refused! Why should she refuse?” He questioned.Meanwhile, Officer Williams said that officers at their depot tested the candy and cookies by eating them, along with Meima, too. “No poison is inside,” the officer explained. “We just have her here for her safety and to keep her from the crowd. Officers tasted the biscuits and candy and there was nothing poisonous inside them. Meima hasn’t been able to give us her address or the names of any living relatives. She seems a bit off track, but is not under arrest.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The campaign was launched earlier this week by Turkish-origin author and rights activist Ali Can, who dubbed it #MeTwo — a play on the #MeToo movement that highlights women’s experiences of sexual harassment, and a comment by Ozil about having “two hearts”.Ozil dropped a bombshell on Sunday when he announced in a stinging letter that he would no longer play for Germany after he faced racist abuse for posing for a picture alongside Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.“I have two hearts, one German and one Turkish,” wrote Ozil, who accused the German Football Federation (DFB) of failing to stand up for him after critics questioned his patriotism and singled him out for blame after Germany’s World Cup flop.The controversy has prompted heated debate in German media about racism and integration.“We need a #MeToo debate for people with a migrant background,” Can, who has lived in Germany since he was a toddler, said in a video posted online on Tuesday.“I am more than just one identity. I feel at home in Germany… at the same I can feel connected to another country,” he said. “The two sides blend together, one doesn’t exclude the other.”Mesut Ozil of Arsenal sits at the players bench during a match against Atletico Madrid at the International Champions Cup football match in Singapore on July 26, 2018 © AFP / Roslan RAHMANThe #MeTwo hashtag quickly went viral as thousands posted about their run-ins with prejudice and racism in Germany.“You’re well integrated for a Turk” and “Don’t you wear a headscarf?” were cited as “classic examples” of remarks endured by Twitter user Hatdische Indsche.Many also complained about discrimination from landlords in the search for a flat or house, because of their skin colour or foreign-sounding names.“When you can’t get an answer, but your German girlfriend gets instant replies to the same offer. After we got married and she changed her name, she stopped getting answers too,” wrote Twitter user Oguz Yilmaz.Malcolm Oscar Uzoma Odeh-Ohanwe, who tweets as MalcolmMusic, recounted being called “a monkey” at high school years ago when he was a dread-locked teenager.Foreign Minister Heiko Maas praised the campaign, saying it was “impressive and painful” to see how many stories were flooding in.“If you think racism in Germany is no longer a problem, I recommend reading through all the #MeTwo tweets,” he tweeted.“Let us raise our voice with them: against racism, anytime, anywhere.”0Shares0000(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Mesut Ozil of Arsenal sits at the players bench during a match against Atletico Madrid at the International Champions Cup football match in Singapore on July 26, 2018. © AFP / Roslan RAHMANFRANKFURT, Germany, Jul 27 – Thousands of people in Germany with migrant backgrounds are sharing stories of everyday discrimination under the hashtag #MeTwo, inspired by football star Mesut Ozil’s resignation from Germany’s national team over racism.“When I’m the only-non white person in a crowded train and the police gets in, I’m the only one who is asked to show ID,” tweeted Der Spiegel reporter Hasnain Kazim, as the discussion trended on German Twitter Friday.
West Ham striker Mauro Zarate 1 West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed striker Mauro Zarate is on the brink of joining London rivals Queens Park Rangers on a loan deal until the end of the season.The 27-year-old, who hit out at his lack of opportunities at Upton Park, will undergo a medical at Loftus Road on Tuesday and would bolster Harry Redknapp’s attacking options.According to reports, the Argentine forward has fallen out with Allardyce, claiming the former Bolton Wanderers boss has been refusing to play him because he was signed by chairman David Sullivan.“I respect the other strikers at the club who have done a good job,” Zarate said.“But I believe my record entitles me to respect and I have not had that from the manager. The chairman has confidence in me. I know this because he brought me to the club.“But for this reason the manager has refused to play me. He did not want me. I made it clear many weeks ago that I wanted to leave.”Ahead of his team’s home clash with West Bromwich Albion, Allardyce revealed Zarate is set to leave the club: “Yes I would [expect him to leave on loan].”Zarate penned a three-year deal with the Hammers from Velez Sarsfield in June and has scored twice in eight appearances this term, including a memorable volley on his debut for the club against Crystal Palace.
0Shares0000Afghan football boss Keramuddin Karim has rejected allegations he sexually and physically abused members of the women’s national team © AFP / WAKIL KOHSARLAUSANNE, Switzerland, Mar 12 – FIFA have extended the suspension of the Afghan Football Federation president who was charged with sexual assault against members of the national women’s team, the governing body of world football said on Tuesday.FIFA said they had added 90 days to Keramuddin Karim’s ban, imposed on December 12, at the recommendation of the investigating arm of its ethics commission. “Mr Karim will continue to be banned from all football-related activities at both national and international level,” FIFA said in a statement.British newspaper the Guardian reported in December that one footballer Khalida Popal had collected accounts from former teammates that included sexual violence, death threats and rapes.Afghan president Ashraf Ghani said he was “shocked.”Karim “firmly denied” the accusations, denouncing a “conspiracy” “without evidence.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
DONEGAL singer Daniel O’Donnell did well on his Strictly Come Dancing debut, with three judges singing his praises.Daniel and partner Kristina Rihanoff danced a waltz to one of Daniel’s favourite songs – When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.And the audience, including Daniel’s wife Majella, were blown away! “Nasty’ judge Craig was the only one on the panel who didn’t see what everyone else saw – Daniel was amazing.Prima ballerina Darcey Bussell told the Donegal man: “You danced like the perfect gentleman.”Fellow judge Len Goodman raved about the performance, insisting: “That was the best I’ve seen.”And Bruno Tonioli described the dance as “very collected and very well placed and very pleasing”. Craig Revel Horwood however said the dance was “a bit uneventful” and said at one stage Daniel messed up his move and “nearly ripped Kristina’s arm out of her socket”.Afterwards Daniel admitted: “I’m excited now but you can’t tell.”Kristina insisted the Kincasslagh man was “so wonderful in rehearsals”.The judges scored the couple 24 points – Craig 4, Darcey 6, Len 7, Bruno, 7.It’s onwards and upwards now for Daniel, whose nerves won’t be just as bad next time around! Go Daniel!NERVOUS DANIEL ‘DANCED LIKE A TRUE GENTLEMAN’ IN STRICTLY DEBUT was last modified: September 25th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:daniel o’donnellgentlemanStrictly Come Dancing
A majority of councillors on Donegal County Council have agreed a budget for 2012.It came after weeks of speculation that they wouldn’t.But they did. DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL AGREE BUDGET was last modified: January 10th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Birmingham (2-6, 1-1) consistently moved the ball downfield in the first half only to have drives stall deep in Taft territory. The Patriots missed three field goals that could have kept them in the game. Anthony Evans blocked one of the field-goal attempts and added one of Taft’s three sacks. “Everyone trusted each other defensively,” Taft coach Troy Starr said. “That’s something maybe we’ve lacked in the past.” The Toreadors came out with a rivalry’s urgency, converting two fourth-down attempts to sustain long scoring drives on their first two possessions. Andre Harris dove in from 1 yard out for the first score. Then sophomore Exavier Johnson, getting his first taste of the rivalry, connected with Chris Wellington on a pretty 25-yard touchdown pass to give Taft a 13-0 halftime lead. Birmingham has a young team this season, starting six sophomores on its defensive front eight. However, the Patriots often improve as the season goes on. Not even the impressive margin of victory, the first shutout for either team since the rivalry heated up in the early 1990s, can give comfort. In 2002, Taft won 30-6 when the teams met in the regular season. Later playing for the City championship at the Coliseum, the outcome was shockingly reversed, with the Patriots winning 35-7. “It’s always great to beat them,” Smith said. “But we know they’ll come out with something stronger next time. They always do.” Matthew Kredell, (818)713-3607 email@example.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! So after No. 3 Taft defeated visiting No. 11 Birmingham 25-0 on Friday to take command of the West Valley League, players didn’t linger to celebrate on the field. They broke huddle and hustled to the locker room as with any other game. Victory over a hated rival has never meant so little. “BEAT ‘EM TWICE” reads the back of T-shirts worn this year by Taft High of Woodland Hills players. “Them” is rival Birmingham of Lake Balboa. Rarely does a team’s motto focus on one opponent, but that is the Toreadors’ mental state after recent false hope followed by disappointment against the Patriots. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week “This is a good win, and now we just have to move on,” said Malcolm Smith, who rushed for 115 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries. “We know we’ll see them in the playoffs.” The Toreadors also beat the Patriots in the regular season in 2004 and 2002, only to lose when the teams met in the postseason. Speedy receiver Jamere Holland, state champion in the 100 and 200 meters in track, turned this game into a track meet. He threaded double- and sometimes triple-teams for 140 yards on six catches. Holland’s 5-yard touchdown reception at the end of the third quarter put Taft ahead 19-0 and, with the way the Toreadors (7-0, 2-0) were playing on defense, basically put the game away. “They’ve got great team speed,” Birmingham coach Ed Croson said. “Their guys look like they’re 25, and our guys look like they’re 12.”
In the Bulldogs’ last time out, the team finished ninth-place overall out of 10 teams at the Bradley Spring Break Invitational. Sophomore Grace Dunn and freshman Sigurlaug Jonsdottir each fired a three-over par (74) in the final round. Jonsdottir’s 74 was a career-best round and she finished the event with a total 241 (80-87-74). All five scorers on the team shot under 80 for the first time this season. DES MOINES, Iowa— The Drake women’s golf team travels to Peoria, Ill., to compete at the Bradley Invitational on April 1-2. Story Links Following the Bradley Spring Invitational, the women’s golf team travel to Terre Haute, Ind. to compete at the ISU Spring Invitational on April 9-10. Print Friendly Version The teams will play 36-holes on Saturday starting at 8:30 a.m. and 18-holes on Sunday beginning at 8:30 a.m. Live Results The 54-hole event will feature 11 teams, including; Bradley, Drake, Illinois-Chicago, Indiana State, Loyola, Missouri-St. Louis, Northern Iowa, South Dakota, Western Illinois and Wisconsin-Green Bay.
IT’S great news for Donegal – especially if you live near the Border and find your mobile phone has switched to a UK network…and pushed up your bill.Europe will vote in a few weeks time to finally BAN the charges after years of phone companies being forced to reduce them.The Sinn Féin MEP candidate for the Midlands Northwest constituency, Matt Carthy, has welcomed a vote in an EU committee which would see the scrapping of all mobile roaming charges within the European Union. The legislation will be voted on by all MEPs on 3rd April.Speaking from Monaghan today, Cllr Carthy said: “I welcome the vote taken by the European Parliament’s Industry, Research and Energy Committee (ITRE). It has particularly significant implications here in Ireland and most importantly along the border region where the issue of roaming charges has been a problem for many years.“Roaming charges between the six and the 26 counties have a negative impact on business, especially along the border. It is an area that has often been neglected when it comes to investment and roaming charges have been yet another reason to prevent business from growing in the region.“Sinn Féin has continuously called for an end to roaming charges and Sinn Féin representatives in the Dáil and Assembly have worked tirelessly to further this project. “I hope the legislation will be passed when it comes to the plenary session on the 3rd April.” AT LAST! EUROPE SET TO FINALLY BAN RIP-OFF ROAMING CHARGES was last modified: March 18th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:EUroaming charges